Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland

A blanket of white covers the roofs of houses


A streetlight shines bright with dignity thinking "I may be the only one, but I shine like the stars themselves"


A once green, grassy hill was snow a steep,snowy embankment


A tree was trembling as it tried to straighten it's spine



A rock, as hard and strong as it was felt as light as a feather


A snowflake drifts from the sky like the laughter that comes from children on Christmas day


It ran across my face and melts on my cheek


I gazed at the beautiful scene and let myself take a mental picture in my head and thought,


"What a Winter Wonderland!"



By:RAP  
29 December, 2009
I glanced outside and spotted pine trees that were covered in snow. Everything was white! I was hoping for snow and my prayers were answered. So I had to write a poem about it!

1 comment: