Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Me, Myself, and I



I’ve gotten lost on a cruise ship.
13 floors.
The elevators were broken.

When I’m nervous
My head starts hurting.
And then I can’t shut up.

Jessie J.
Arctic Monkeys.
The Neighborhood.
The Kooks.
Weezer.
They brainwash me as I listen to them on repeat.

7 rings at a time.
One on each finger, but sometimes I skip fingers.
Wings, a bowtie, and a simple silver one.  
Or maybe just a wired one.

I like the sticky feeling of bindis on my forehead.
The pain of wearing tight bangles on my wrists is worth it.

Black and white instead of color.
Spicy instead of sweet.

I like faded photos,
The smell of a new car.

Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys.
My voice tries to imitate theirs.

Netflix is my best friend.
And so is ice cream.
Strawberry, or chocolate.

I dance like everyone is watching,
But the pressure calms me.

A B-17 Flying Fortress model lays on my bedside table,
Reminiscent of my interest in army planes.

I’m the one who makes funny Youtube videos,
And rolls the windows down, while turning the music up,
On the highway.

Addicted to the feeling of snowflakes on my tongue,
A slave to the taste of Nutella.

I fill my head with unachievable goals, like pleasing everyone.
But I guess that’s how life goes.


Inspiration: I feel like though so many people know who I am, no one seems to know the real me. So this is me. Whether you like me or not, here I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment